Tuesday, April 14, 2009

BJD: Dream of Doll ~D.O.D~


Dream of Doll is a ball-jointed doll company based in Korea. They have four doll sizes: Idol, Teen, Child, and Baby (from largest to smallest). All of the Dream of Doll line is made of resin. Dream of Doll is often abbreviated as DOD on message boards.~ Wikipedia

Website: Dream of Doll

A ball-jointed doll is any doll that is articulated with ball and socket joints. In contemporary usage when referring to modern dolls, and particularly when using the acronyms BJD or ABJD, it usually refers to modern Asian ball-jointed dolls.

BJDs are made to be easy to customize, by painting, changing the eyes and wig, and so forth. As such, fans of popular anime and game titles put in great effort to recreate their favourite character with these dolls.
(as seen in the 1st picture above - @Squall Leonhart)

However, the manufacturer does not provide the actual cosplay clothes for the dolls. The owners usually handmade them or pick a close-to-actual outfit sold by the manufacturer.
For example, Shall's attire is said to be similar (in concept) to that of Rinoa Heartilly's while Lahoo was said to be similar to Yazoo. Lahoo is also sometimes used to model Sephiroth.
(Yes, the dolls have their own given names. And I am still sane.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SNEAK PREVIEW
-------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------END--------------------

I...have not actually seen/touch any of these dolls yet. Not even sure if it's popular where i live. I'm sure they're out there. I just don't have a link to these shops/owners.

And I hope to get one for myself when I acquire earning power.

Or maybe i can start dropping hints to the people around me right before my birthday next year. Hmm...they'll just think I'm nutz. *sigh*

I'm soooo NOT buying Barbie for my daughter (if i ever have one). These are so much less bimbo.


3 comments:

You.Are.My.Only said...

This dolls are freaking me out! They're so adorable! OwO Thanks 4 information~

star_catcher1013 said...

Hi! I was just browsing and ended up here. I was just wondering if you could give me the title of the song in your music box? I really like it. Please? :(

RinHeart said...

It is from the anime 'Elfen Lied'.
Can't remember the title though since i added this from so long ago. This is probably the music box version of the OST. Good luck.