Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pon and Zi (an-emo-tion)

Even when you're so far away...
pon and zi

The inquisitive eye of hawks stare into the cracks of privacy,
Watching every step with amusement,
Waiting...waiting...to pass judgment.

The jackals laugh at the dying gazelle,
Which in its final breath,
Accepted the unfairness of nature.


In this golden cage, I am safe...
As long as I sing happiness and mute sorrows.


In this life of masquerades that I was born into, smiles were the only expression I own and sarcasm covered up for weaknesses.

In this life where I could not share my tears nor show my fears, I have met a few precious people who told me I could be myself.

And I am thankful for their presence in my life.

I know I'm stubborn at times and keep most things to myself.
I know my mock independence can be a pain in the neck.

But that is how I was built to survive.

However, there is someone who has seen my tears.
Someone who also knows my fears.
But that someone is somewhere far away right now.

And I am yet again, slowly but surely...getting lost in the masquerade.


Passing through a thousand years of sorrow,
just because you're waiting for me at the end.

The most beautiful feelings,
are worth
waiting for a lifetime.
-'Thousand years of love', F.I.R

No comments: