Saturday, January 2, 2010

Haruyo Morita


B I O G R A P H Y

Haruyo Morita was born in Kita-Katsushika County, Saitama Prefecture in 1945.

From an early age her artistic talents were evident, and she came under the tutelage of Master Husuki. He introduced her to the classic narratives and pictorial compositions that have made Japanese images so popular both in Japan and in the West. Her works are popularized by the jigsaw puzzles created called "Haruyo Collection". Here are some examples of her work:


On a personal note, I was first introduced to her works through my brother. He had bought one of her jigsaw puzzles called Shiyu for me as a christmas gift. How sweet...(TwT)

Shiyu
-------------------------------------------------------------------

-All credits go to Haruyo Morita-

p.s. I'm adding her website link to my blog. You can find it on the right hand panel.


No comments: